Sunday, March 8, 2009

Back from Aspen

I’m back from my whirlwind tour in Aspen. Below are some of the highlights from my last couple of days spent with my family and friends:

~ Atlas Pizza in El Jebel. As you can see it is the friendliest family restaurant in the Valley and the wine and food along with the atmosphere are fabulous too…a win-win for the whole family! Aren't the girls beautiful!

~ Kenichi with my TASIS friend…the food was good, but the most interesting part of the night was that we learned that Sapporo beer is brewed in Japan and Kirin is brewed in the USA (thanks for the trivia Dominic!).

~ The NASTAR race exclusively for the TASIS alumni on Aspen Mountain. I didn’t win…in fact far from it, but did have a blast! This can be arranged for any group (family, corporate, bachelor party, etc.). We enjoyed a private lunch at Buckhorn, a picnic spot with a view of all the surrounding mountains, which you can see in the picture below. Our host brought us Swiss cheese, sausage, chocolate and wine…what more could you want?!
A few other suggestions that I would be remiss if I left out:

~ If you are looking for a fun and challenging ski run while in Aspen you’ll want to ski Highlands to hike and ski “the Bowl” Just ask a local and they will tell you about it!

~ A few things I want to fit in on my next winter trip to Aspen: Pine Creek Cookhouse, Skate-ski to Maroon Bells, Historical tour of Aspen with the Aspen Historical Society, Snowcat dinner to Cloud Nine, Cross country ski Hut-Trip…stay tuned for the Le Rêve one-of-a-kind gourmet Hut Trip (bringing a bit of Switzerland culture to Aspen) and call me if you want the details!

~ I accomplished my goal of sourcing the finest luxury rental homes in Aspen and re-learning where to go, what to do and who to help plan it! I saw family, old friends and made some great new friends as well. I feel like Aspen is my home once again! I look forward to planning one-of-a-kind Aspen trips for my customers…I just know they will be blown away!

No comments:

Post a Comment